Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Some days I wonder if there are any good people left in this world.  I drive down the street with people cutting you off, honking their horns, shoving in lines at a store, etc. etc. etc.  I know deep down that there are good people, but to find them on a daily basis is sometimes hard. 

Today however my belief that there are good people in this world was reassured.

Our day started out as any normal day.  We got up, ate breakfast, headed to the walking trails, and walked 4 miles.  When we were walking there was no sign of any bad weather to come so we took our time.  At the furthest point away from the vehicle it started to dump water on us!!! I was not prepared for this so as we RAN back to the car, we got soaked!!! ha ha ha  The kids loved getting wet and going fast in the rain, so all was well!

We came home, got a snack, and went down from a nap....typical day in the Putnam household. 

We got up from our naps, ate a snack, and put on clean clothes to head out for part 2 of our day....also typical events in our home.

I knew we couldn't eat at home, there is nothing in our re fridge because we are moving and adding more food to the mix...I am afraid it would go to waste.  So my plan was to head to Mc Donalds and let the girls play in the play place for an hour and get some energy out.  We pulled up to MC Donalds and the big sign said closing at 2pm, and it was 1:45.  So now onto plan B...well I didn't have a plan B, and rarely ever do!  So we drove around in the rain trying to find something that was open.....Denny's it was!

The girls were pretty good, far from the norm, but I was taking a risk and it paid off.  The store wasn't packed, but the staff clearly didn't want to be there on a holiday...that was very evident.  Service was slow, and my kids wanted their food!!! Dorian was dead set on a pancake, she asked every person around if they were the ones that would bring it to her.  We spilled an entire cup of milk everywhere.  Short tantrums, but nothing out of the normal.  Our food came, we devoured it, and honestly had a great time just the three of us in the restaurant!

Our waiter came and asked if we needed anything, and I was debating on dessert since it was a holiday but didn't want to push my luck since my kids out numbered me and thought I should leave on a good note.  I asked him for two boxes and our bill.  He came back to me very quickly, and made me think "you got that in like a second, you are gooooooooooood!".  He leaned over and whispered into my ear that the lady and gentleman that was sitting to the right of me had taken care of my bill and wished my family a very happy thanksgiving.

WOW....I instantly teared up.  I asked him if was serious and he replied yes.  And the tears came.  No one has ever done something so nice for me.  It was just a normal day out with my kids, they were the normal level of "bad", and I was at a normal level of being a mom of two crazy kids. 

This truly is an action that shows there are amazing, wonderful, and good people in this world.  Before leaving we stopped to say our thanks and they were super nice people.  I am forever thankful for making my Thanksgiving a memorable one.  I woke up thinking how sad it was to be so far away from our family and that our daddy and my husband couldn't be here with me.  But we went on with our day like it was nothing different and really had the most amazing day. 

I really hope that every one else out there had a great day also, wherever they may be and whatever they are doing...I hope that everyone finds something to be thankful for.  Today I am thankful for many things, but one of them are caring and dear people like the couple we met today in Denny's. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

mom kipp said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! A true thanksgiving event. You had me crying.