Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hope Mills, NC

Hope Mills is a VERY small town located right outside of Fayetteville, NC. It has a total area of 6.1 miles of land and population of only 11,000 people. It is about 24 miles from Pope Air Force base, which is where Niles will work. It will take him about 30 minutes to get there and back each day.

The great part about Hope Mills is that although it is a tiny town, it is only 6 miles to the larger city of Fayetteville. We chose to live here because we wanted to be in a quiet place yet be close enough to the necessities of life we are accustomed to. It offers an amazing historic downtown district with one of the best elementary schools in the entire state of NC right down the road to where our home is located.

This town offers everything we need for our little ladies to grow up in a safe and friendly environment with the ability to get to a Target and TJ Maxx within 10 minutes!




This is going to be our new home for the next two'ish years....Hope Mills, North Carolina. It has 4 bedrooms (3 bedrooms and a bonus room), a formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, and large back yard fenced in for the little ones to play outside! It is about 1750 sq. feet, which is going to be a mansion compared to the tiny apartment we've all been living in for the past 6 months. But after a long wait, patience, and searching we believe this is the perfect house for us to live in!

We will be about 9 hours away from DuBois, PA (my hometown). We will be about 10 hours away from Wyalusing, PA (Niles' hometown). We will be about 3 hours and 15 minutes from my sister, brother, and father in Virginia. And we will be in a ONE DAY driving range from anyone else that we want to see/visit! That has never been an option for us, EVER. So we are pretty excited about this factor alone!

We are super excited to move at the end of this month! Niles leaves Arkansas in a little less than two weeks to go back to New Mexico. He will be allowed to leave NM on December 2nd and meet up with us on December 4th in our new home in NC!!! The girls and I will leave here on the 30th of November and get to NC on December the 1st (if all plans go as scheduled).

I am so excited to see what our new life entails. I have found amazing parks, really cool programs for the girls to get into, a YMCA right down the road, and jobs for me to start applying for! At this point the anticipation is killing me. I am so sad to leave a place I am starting to love, yet so excited to see what the rest of this world has in store for me and my family. Anxious is a perfect word to describe how I am feeling right now.

Arkansas has been fantastic to me. Leaving New Mexico I felt relief knowing that we would never have to go back. We looked forward to leaving but didn't know what to expect. I honestly thought that Arkansas was going to be a dud. That I was going to hate it almost as much as living in New Mexico, but I was dead wrong. I fell in love with Little Rock the second we pulled in and adding super great people and an amazing environment, it made it even more enjoyable. I wish we could stay, yet wonder what NC will be like. I wonder if the people will be as nice as they are in Little Rock, if the programs are going to be as good for the girls, if the environment is going to be as safe and clean, and if I will love it as much as I do now in Arkansas.

I also don't want to set my standards to high because if they don't meet them, I don't want to automatically hate NC because this is where we are going to live for a long time. This move marks a new point in our lives. Since Niles and I have met, we have never stayed in the same home or place for more than 6 months. We have always moved from one place to another and have been on the search for something to make our lives better and more resourceful. So this will be a different life. A stable one (for the next two'ish years). It will be different knowing that we will not have to be on the look out for the next move and not have to stress over the unknown.

So We wait. As of today we have 3 full weeks till I pack up the car and ship out. I wait patiently and am trying to soak up as much of Little Rock Arkansas as I can for the time being.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute house!!!!!