Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Black Eye :(

This happened last month, that is how behind I am on blogging but still a worthy post to remember one of her "firsts".  Not such a great first to have, but it was going to happen sooner or later....so I am documenting it! 

I have been taking them to the YMCA every day with me for about two solid months now.  With our membership there is free child-watch while I work out in the mornings.  Dorian had no problems going in the first day and playing with all the children that are there each day.  Addeline, on the other hand, is still adjusting two months later.  The staff worked with us for the first two weeks with Addeline.  They knew as well as I did that she NEEDED to learn to go to other people and it wasn't going to happen over night.

Anyways, after 3 or 4 weeks of going there I had the "dreaded" tap on the shoulder as I was working out.  The lady at the front desk was standing there with Addeline, and she was crying, AND rubbing her eye.  Addeline was coming down the slide and at the end when she got up to walk away tripped over a toy and landed on another toy that hit her eye. TOTALLY STINKS!!!

I felt so bad!!! I made her go when she didn't want to go and then she gets a black eye...ha ha ha so horrible!!! But, as Addy`usually does, she bounced back with in minutes with her signature smile and all was well again.  You can clearly see in the pictures her eye was not bothering her in the least, she kind of liked getting all of the attention!

So here it is, Addeline's first black eye!!! Even with the bruises she is still as cute as ever!



No comments: