Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yummmmy Spinach Dip

I had a huge craving for spinach dip a few weeks ago.  I don't know why, I just did.  I have a really great friend in Little Rock Arkansas who made me spinach dip a few times while I was living there.   She was so kind to lend me her amazing recipe to try out.  I have never made any type of dip, other than going to the store and buying whatever is pre-made, so this was an interesting make for me.  However, it turned out great!!!! It tasted JUST like what Tricia made me back in Arkansas!! I was so happy, it was SO good! We all enjoyed it, I made it for my sister and dad when they came down, and it was enjoyed by everyone.....and well even the kids!

When I think about spinach I think about pop-eye the sailor man and how he tells everyone you will get super strong and grow up nice and big when you eat it.  Most kids HATE spinach!  And that is what I thought when BOTH of my children asked for some the day we ate it.  I was hesitant to even let them try it let alone let them go head first into eating it all day! ha ha ha  But Dorian started sneaking a little here and a little there when I wasn't watching and next thing I know both girls are hovering around the table, digging their little hands in the dip and eating the bread that went with it! AMAZING!!! 

What these pictures don't show is that Dorian was really the one who started the mess of all messes with the dip.  She left the table as soon as I got my camera out, ha ha ha.  But it was Dorian that couldn't get enough of her spinach this day.  Addeline chimed in a little later and created an equal mess compared to Dorian, if not greater! ha ha ha

Either way, funny girls I have!!!





No comments: