Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mud Run 5K

Every since I graduated college I wanted to run a 5k. I talked and talked and talked about it until the cows came home...but never did it. I told Niles I wanted to run one when Dorian was born, and then was pregnant with addeline. I told Niles I wanted to run a 5k when addeline was born, and never did. So what better time than now?!?!?

The Mud Run 5k is the dirtiest race in Little Rock. I trained for 8 weeks for this race with and with out Niles. He was registered to race with me but ended up having to work this past Saturday, So I went at it alone. The kids helped add weight to my runs when I did train so on the day of it was a little easier. But either way....I did what I said I was going to do, finally. I had my best time yet of 29 minutes, I was running it at 32 minutes every week prior to the race so that also makes me ecstatic!!!

I feel accomplished, and that feeling is so great to have. When I crossed the finish line I felt like the kind of the world. I am so glad I set a goal, worked for it, and accomplished it. This training has helped me lose more weight, which helps. I still have a little more to lose, but I am getting their slowly but surely!!!

So 5k done....Now what?!?!?!