Saturday, September 13, 2008

Introducing...Dorian Renee Putnam!

After 40 weeks and 2 days, on August 2ND of 2008...Dorian Renee Decided to come into this wonderful world! It was a long pregnancy, but thanks to friends and family, we all made it!

We found out we were expecting on Thanksgiving of 2007, and ever since then prepared and shopped for her to come home! FINALLY Dorian is here and is such a wonderful addition to our interesting lives!

I went into labor on August first hoping to have her on my brother-in-laws birthday, but she just wasn't ready yet! I called Niles at work and said very calmly.."I think you might want to come home now." and he said to me "okay I'll be home when i finish work"...so with that I called my sister and she stayed on the phone with me until he got home from work, very patiently timing contractions! They were almost 4 minutes apart by the time he got home from base! Niles kept saying I think we should go to the hospital, and knowing that it wasn't quite time yet...I made him walk laps around our apt. complex ha ha ha

Finally at 2pm we made it to the hospital, contractions still about 4 minutes apart, and after 2 hrs they sent us home! I was livid! But took the medicine they had given me to sleep and they promised me that when I woke up it would be time to have our baby. Who would have known I would wake up in less than 2 hours!!!

Again we made it back to the hospital at 6pm...they told me I still was not ready to have the baby and needed to be in an hour or they were to send me home again! Niles called in reinforcements...Liz came rushing up to the hospital with her game face on! We walked, and sat in the shower, and walked some more! And 4 hours later they admitted me, and I was allowed to have medicine!

At 11am, the next day, I was ready to have baby d...but yet we still had to wait...and Finally at 12:51 Dorian Renee Putnam was born! It was long and rough, but I had Niles and Liz for the entire thing...and with out them I would not have been about to get through that experience!

Niles was amazing, and put up with a lot...and Liz with no sleep went home to her kids and came back before she had to go to work, and again after work and was with me through the entire thing! Thank you to you both...you were my saviors!

So...with out any further interruptions...Dorian Renee "Baby D"....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah....you are a blogger!!! I am going to add you to my list right away! Welcome Dorian and we love you!!! Whoo hooo!!! Another blogger!!!!!

Unknown said...

PS.....Have I told you what a beautiful middle name baby D has! ha ha ha! I LOVE IT!!! My little name sake that i will spoil and love for all of time!! :) Whoo hoo!!!