Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life Can be REALLY Messy!

I was reading the back of the Gerber Cereal box this past Saturday and it Said...A supported Sitter (Dorian) should be eating cereal! And I thought, out loud, CRAP! ha ha ha The Doctor Said no solid food until 16 weeks, and now Gerber says she should have been eating this stuff two weeks ago!

So many people suggest so MANY things, and each person knows what is best for your child. So being a first time mom....who do you really listen to?!?!?! Good question huh?!

So my thought process was I would compromise with the two bodies of knowledge and start that day! ha ha ha...Dorian was 15 weeks, so only one week early from what the doctor told me and two weeks late from what Gerber told me! It works for me!

So Daddy and I went out to walmart and bought the gear! We got a high-chair, bowls, spoons, and tons of cereal! She was going to start eating it as soon as we got home! And boy did I TOTALLY not realize the mess this whole process was! Cereal EVERYWHERE!!!

But the girl has to learn sometime how to eat, right!? So.....Game Face On, I say! This is our litte girl on her first day of eating solid foods! Not a huge stage of her life that it needs to be remembered, but oh such good material to show her first boyfriend that she brings home to meet her mommy and daddy later in life!









1 comment:

Brandi said...

LOL! These are fun but VERY messy times, haha. I remember the first time I gave Dylan rice cereal. It was definitely not the easiest thing to do until he finally got the hang of this solid food stuff, lol. Super cute pictures. I love her and haven't even met her yet. Wait until she can start throwing food, lol. Thats about the time that you cover the floor with a tarp and put a raincoat on yourself, lol!