Monday, November 3, 2008

Who is the REAL baby!?!?!?!?

I think it was when I was about 5 months pregnant, Niles went to do a Habitat for Humanity for our tiny town of Alamogordo. While he was doing his work, building a house, him and a few other airmen found a small liter of kittens. There mother was rejecting them and all three of them were going to die if someone did not take them home and care for them. Niles knew how badly I wanted a kitten, and since I was pregnant and miserable he thought what better surprise than him brining home a kitten!?!?!?! Needless to say, I was super excited...not realizing how much work this was going to entale in the future ha ha ha

We named our Kitten "mister" (super long story how that happened, i'll spare you all the details) and bottle fed him every 3 hours until he was 8 weeks old. Mister was the runt of the litter and only weighed 0.6 lbs when he first went to the vets. Life was allllllllllllllll about mister and he was super babied for the first 4 months of his life. He was not ready or wanted to have someone take all of his attention away!

When we came home from the hospital mister did nothing but cry (a horrible HORRIBLE moan) for weeks! He did not like Dorian and was not even willing to give her a chance!!!!! I didn't know what to do, so i kept him locked in a room of his own until he was ready to give her a chance! ha ha ha ( i felt like i was punishing my cat...wierd! ) And slowly but surely mister began to come around. He started by just smelling her, and would occasionaly try to walk on her. We had to remind him there was no walking on babies in our house! ha ha and now.....it was stemmed to what I am about to show you....

Mister is, i'm not even kidding, obsessed with Dorian! He needs to be, wants to be, and has to be around her at all times! CRAZY! He will not leave her side, and when she is playing he is there with her! When she cries, he runs down the hall to make sure she is okay! When she is eatting, he is there laying beside her to give her a pillow for support! WIERDO CAT I'M TELLING YOU ALL!!! It is not getting better, it is getting worse! They are joined at the hip! Mister loves his Dorian, but sometimes I wonder who is the bigger baby?!?!? Dorian or Mister!? They both cry, need lots of lovin, need constantly fed, and diaper/litterbox changed....really?!?!? You tell me....I have proof my cat wants to be a baby!!!!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH that is terribly funny!!! This is a blog for the record books. Don't ever forget how funny that baby and kitty are!! :) I love it!! :)

Brandi said...

LOL! Oh man...still laughing. This is the cutest little "series" of pictures I've seen. I think my favorite is when they are both curled up on the play gym together swatting at stuff, lol. Dylan actually had that exactly same one.

Love the pictures...Funny stuff!