Friday, April 3, 2009

Dedicated to Uncle Mark :)

This blog is dedicated to Uncle Mark! :) When I first moved to Alamogordo NM, I decided to apply for a job at Chili's just for something to do until I found a better job in my field. Going on two years later I'm still working there and am also working on my second child. I found out that I was pregnant with Dorian a month after starting to work there.

It is a running joke at our Chili's to not drink the water unless you want to have another kid! When I found out I was having Dorian I was one of nine women at Chili's pregnant at the same time. Now normally each person would have their own baby shower, and everyone would spend lots of money on their new bundle of joy. Not in this case. The manager didn't know what to do (also being one of the ones pregnant, ha ha) about giving people presents. She felt obligated to give each person something for their baby but nine baby shower gifts was a bit much for her to spend her money one, being that her baby was coming soon too! Soooo she made an executive decision to spend Chili's Corporation's money and buy everyone "Chili's Onsies" for their newborn babies! The people having girls got pink outfits and the ones having boys got blue ones!

The current count at my work right now is 4 women pregnant. We are all due around the same time in September! Scary, huh?!?!?!?

The Funny thing is that my brother Mark also works for Chili's in Pittsburgh PA! He started there about a year before I started working at the one in NM. But, we both started to work at Chili's as servers/waiters. I moved on to being a QA, and am now the Administrative Assistant to the General Manager and Managers. Mark is now a full time bartender as well as a server (he is were the money is!).

So these pictures are for you Mark. How funny is it that she has a Chili's uniform on and is only 8 months old! HA HA HA HA






No comments: