Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Today our baby turned one. And unfortunately Daddy was sent away to do Military things in Texas for a few weeks so he was unable to be here and celebrate with us.

So I made sure we did some fun things today!!! First we played all morning, just the two of us!! We took a really good nap together, got up and ate a yummy lunch, dressed the birthday girl up in her birthday onsie, and then headed out for the day. We visited the local zoo where Dorian had a blast!!! She actually payed attention to the animals (well the ones that were very close to the fence anyways ha ha). She scared a turkey half to death and yelled at a bear and alligator!!!

I honestly thought the turkey that she scared was a statue! It was really close to the fence, within inches, so I pulled her stroller up as close as I could to the fence to see it. The bird did not move, didn't even blink! So I pointed at it and told Dorian to "look at the pretty turkey!" ha ha ha Dorian pointed at it and started to yell really loud DADADADAD MOMMMMOOMMAA....next thing I knew the turkey's feathers stood straight up and it started to do it's call and ran away!!!! Dorians face was priceless!!! The look of shock, awe, and hysteria all in one!! ha ha ha I think it scared me more than Dorian...because I really thought it was just a statue of a turkey! ha ha ha

Anyways, after our walk through the zoo we headed to Walmart!!! Yay!! Even though we are having a party for Dorian next week when Daddy is home and I have ordered a BIG cake for Dorian...I still thought she needed SOMETHING today to make a mess with! So I found a little doggy cake, with two little cupcakes, one for her and one for me...Perfect!!! After dinner she tore it up...made a mess bigger than I ever expected...but it is her birthday so I was happy to clean it up ha ha ha

We talked to almost everyone in the families!!! And Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and gifts....we have the best family EVER!!!!

















1 comment:

Brandi said...

Yay! Cake face pictures! Happy 1st Birthday Dorian!!!