Sunday, January 18, 2009

A surprisingly GREAT day!

So you know how you wake up and you just have it in your mind that the day is going to be crappy? And you are so set that nothing can make it better?...Okay, well that was me today! Today was my birthday, and I turned 25! Yay, half way to over the hill! But insurance goes down, FINALLY! I thought that nothing could make this day the way that I wanted it...I was very wrong!

I was so upset that two years in a row the military made Niles miss my birthday, that I am away from my family, and that everyone wouldn't even know that today was anything special to me! Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Okay so just to start off I woke up to three really really funny and nice text messages from all three of my brothers! Yes, it was amazing...all three of them remembered and actually through out the whole day each of the three called me! AMAZING!

Liz and Chris took me out to lunch with Dorian. They made sure I was able to eat a good meal! Liz took D for the entire lunch until I had eaten my lunch! I cant remember the time (since she has been born) that I've sat down and enjoyed an entire meal without shoving it down my throat cuz I have a crank-monster! ha ha ha Thank you both!

And the day actually got better! Dorian miraculously took a two and half hour nap...and so did mommy with her! I'm talking that hasn't happened since day one with her! ha ha ha We woke up to grandma calling and wishing me a happy birthday also!

Earlier in the day I completely forgot to get the mail, Niles usually grabs it on his way home from work up the driveway! Come to my surprise I actually got mail, that wasn't a bill! ha ha ha Each person in Niles' family sent me a b-day card! Autumn, Madison, Russ, and Mom...Thank you! That means more to me than you even know! His family also called to send me b-day wishes! Sorry I missed your phone call, I was taking a wonderful nap with Dorian! ha ha ha I will call you back later on this week!

So yes, my crappy day that I had set in my head was ruined by my wonderful friends and family making it a really great day! Thank you all so much! I love you!



This is D at the restaurant Liz and Chris took me to in Alamogordo! She was throwing her toys all over the place...it was really funny!

Okay so D grabbed a lemon and put it in her mouth! The next two pictures are of this interesting experience! She actually really really liked it and tore that lemon up! She went through two or three of them while we were there!



Okay, most of you have never seen this side of D. I have just recently found out that this is what happens when I am no longer in sight! I seriously walked around the corner to put something away and within seconds this happened! We had real tears, couldn't catch our breathe...amazing that I could be that important to always having to be around! ha ha ha


And within seconds of me being in the room, or at least in sight, she was back to playing again with her measuring cups! lol


She wore herself out with all of the b-day fun! ha ha ha This was the start of my amazing nap today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday girl! Glad the day was so awesome!!! :) You have something coming your way from the Mongolds as well - we are just not as on top of things as everyone else this year!!! Please give me a by!! ha a ha...I am usually on time!! :) And a nap on your birthday is a sign of good things to come ! I believe that! ha hah a!! HOpe you are feeling well!!

Brandi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Girl! I'm glad to hear that you had a good birthday! I wish I could be a little closer to pop in and have a drink with you but we'll save that for another day, hehe. Don't worry...I've got one of these old birthday things coming up this month too and I get to be on the other side of 25 for the first time, ehhhhh. Miss you girl! Hope all is well!

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.