Monday, February 9, 2009

Always something new

Yesterday was a big day in our little house! I put Dorian down for her regular 2pm nap and around 4pm she started to whimper. As I always do, slowly make my way up the stairs to get her out of her crib. I always keep the door closed for safety reasons, I love my cat I just don't trust him! But this has become something Dorian has gotten used to, as soon as the door starts to swing open she starts to get super excited to see me! Well today was different, as I swung the door open slowly and looked to see how excited Dorian was going to be on this particular day, my mouth hit the floor. There she was standing there looking at me with all smiles! I was in shock! She has never been able to stand up in her crib, nor has she ever tried! But there she was, pulled herself up and was standing there waiting for me to get her!

So we went downstairs and I really needed to tell someone, I was in shock for a good hour after this happened, I called my mom! She was ecstatic for Dorian to be learning so quickly and advised me that the crib needed to be lowered as soon as possible! Also, she asked if I got a picture of it! No I didn't, because honestly I sat there and looked at her for a good 5 minutes before I could process what was going on! ha ha ha

So the second phone call about his monumental step in Dorian's life was made to my best friend in NM, Liz! I explained to her what happened and she instantly shipped her husband over to my house to lower the crib! (I would have tried to do it myself, but honestly it would have taken hours!) And with all of the excitement of learning new things, someone didn't sleep a wink last night! Every hour on the hour Dorian was up standing in her crib, and COULDN'T GET DOWN! ha ha ha

So a day later, here are some pictures of the monster standing! Not in her crib, but just try to imagine in her crib and you'll get the picture! ha ha ha






2 comments:

Brandi said...

Uh oh....Mommy will be in for some fun now! She is learning all of her motor skills very very fast. I can't believe how early she has decided to get moving, lol. Oh dear I do remember the days of being stuck standing up, lol. Dylan went through the same thing....waking up in the middle of the night...standing up...not knowing how to get back down, lol!

Unknown said...

She just has the sweetest face! At least she wasnt screaming that she couldnt figure out how to sit down :) I remember Benjamin did that...he was so happy to stand up then had no idea what to do next...haha