Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our little warrior!

So early this morning we were up and ready to play. We've fallen numerous times but have always gotten up and brushed it off. Well this morning was a little different! We have discovered that we aren't as indestructible as we thought! So here is a picture of Dorian's first battle wound! She was trying to walk from the door that goes outside to the computer desk. She made it 3/4 of the way and just fell. It was exciting she is taking new risks and trying to take steps now, but soooo sad to see her get hurt. So here is our little warrior...and her little cut on her head! Go Dorian!

So Dorian is also sick. She has a very bad cough that is just not going away. We are actually going to see the doctor on monday morning to see what is really wrong. But because I'm not to sure about what to do in these situations, being a first time mommy, I called my mother. Figured with her being a mother and a nurse she might have an idea or two of how to handle this until monday! While I was on the phone with her I set Dorian down on the Kitchen rugs with a few animal crackers while I went to pee. Last week I washed both rugs because of a mess the cat made and for some reason the rugs are super clingy to clothes. Dorians but is like glued to the rugs when she sits on them. I was literally gone for about 30 seconds, when I walked into the kitchen this is what I saw! The rugs were so clingy that when she went to crawl after me her pants stayed behind and she crawled right out of them! My mom on the phone is asking over and over again what happened?!?!? because I'm laughing sooooo hard at my daughter that is pants less! ha ha ha





And last but not least a recent video I took in Dorians favorite room! Nothing exciting just an update for our daddy who is so far away and misses his little girl!



2 comments:

SFC said...

Lyss just watched your video of Dorian crawling & standing up. Sooo fun, almost like I was right there. She is soooo advanced I think, doing all these things @ 6 months old! Love all the pictures of her & also love to read your descriptions of events. Miss you both so much. LOVE YOU LOTS mom

Brandi said...

LOL!! First of all...D losing her pants to static cling might be the funniest thing I have ever heard, lol. I can't believe how big she is getting and how quickly she is picking new things up. You just wait...once they let go a few times and start getting brave...anxiety central for mom, lol. Battle scars & bruises are in your future, lol. Love the pics & video!