Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dorian's Birthday Presents to Mommy

Yesterday was my birthday. Another day in the week/month. Nothing to get excited about, right?!?! My husband surprised me with a kick ass camera. My mom and brother watched my kids so I could have some free time. And, my best friend made me cupcakes and margarita's! It was an awesome day and couldn't have asked for a better day! I loved all of my gifts and gestures, even what Dorian gave me!

Dorian gave me a few things:

1. She gave me a surprise/shock of a life time: Dorian likes to play with phones. She holds them up to her ear and pretends to talk like mommy does. It is extremely cute, but she has her own 'toy' phones that she plays with most of the time. Sometimes I let her play with my cell phone but it is locked and hardly anyone gets a 'Dorian call'. Today she got a hold of my mom's house phone! I didn't think anything of it as she pressed the buttons and put the phone to her ear to talk. I was sitting on the chair feeding Addeline when I heard the house phone actually ring. I called to Dorian to "bring mommy the phone", and without hesitation she complied. I took the phone and said "Hello?". What I heard on the other end of the line was the biggest shock of my life thus far!!!

To my surprise the person on the other end of the phone answered me with "Ma'am this is the 911 emergency call center, is there an immediate emergency at you residence? This is the 'Carr' residence at 520 Sylvan Drive, DuBois PA, correct? You've called and hung up twice so far. We are calling to make sure everything is okay."

WHAT DID DORIAN DOOO!!!???!!! I, in a panic, assured her everything was okay. That is was simply my 17 month old that was pretending with the real phone and it would be taken away from her immediately!!!! ha ha ha ha

wow.

2. Dorian also managed to give me a much increased stress level: My mom took me out to shop on my birthday. She watched the kids while I was able to try some things on and not have to worry about babies crying (HUGE help by the way, thank you mom!). We first went to the mall and perused through several stores. We knew that Dorian was taking off her shoes and socks and kept a close watch on her so we didn't lose them. My mom had one shoe and sock in her purse and I had the second shoe in the stroller pocket. Both shoes safe and sound, and in safe locations.

We decided we were not making and progress with out shopping at the mall and were going to head to Bon-Ton to search for better deals and better clothing. So we packed the kids in the van and the stroller and headed on her way. When we got to the Bon-Ton we both decided that we were not going to get the stroller out and let Dorian walk around the store and keep Addy in her car seat. To much a surprise (NOT!) Dorian needed her socks and shoes on before we could go in the store. My mom handed me the shoe she was keeping track of and I reached in the stroller pocket to get the shoe I was tracking; It wasn't any where to be found! We were missing one shoe! At some point Dorian got it out of the pocket and tossed it...where? we don't know....gone FOREVER!!!

So in a hurry we ran to the shoe store down the stretch by Bon-Ton and tried on close to 15 different pairs of shoes. The sales lady worked very hard to find the right size and fit for her big ole' feet, and after 25 minutes we walked out with two pairs of shoes and 40 dollars poorer!

3. Dorian gave me lots of kisses and hugs: Today Dorian was obsessed with kisses. She couldn't get enough of them! That isn't like her, she doesn't like to give kisses and will avoid them at all costs. But today she was very lovey and such a sweetie (after we got home from the mall that is!).

4. Dorian gave me a heart attack!: I was trying on dresses at Bon-Ton for my cruise. Dorian was getting restless in the stroller, but she hates shopping and needs attention 100% of the time. I am well aware that when she doesn't get what she wants or isn't getting 'enough' attention she will do something she is not supposed to be doing. Dorian is fully aware of what she is and is not allowed to do and does bad things when she is bored or lacking attention. So I had one more dress to try on and had it half way on and almost zipped up when I heard the loudest screech from Addeline. I dropped everything, didn't bother to finish zipping my dress, and ran out of the dressing room in a panic. Dorian decided that Addy looked like a good thing to smack on the head while Myself and Grandma were preoccupied!!! ha ha ha But it is what Dorian does when she is bored! ha ha ha Seriously gave me a heart-attack!!! Addy calmed right down once I picked her up and I separated them for the remainder of the trip and Addy was not hurt in any way!! But what a stinker Dorian was!!! ha ha ha

Yes, this is what my lovely daughter gave me for my birthday. Honestly, I am laughing at this all so much as I am writing about it! It makes me laugh that she called 911, smacks her sister, and loses her shoes!! She is definitely a normal 17 month old that is for sure!!!

But anyways, Thank you to all of my birthday wishes and gifts. I love them all and appreciate all of your thoughts and wishes!!!! xoxoxoxox

3 comments:

mom kipp said...

what kind of camera did he buy?

lyss23 said...

the same one you got for christmas :)

Brandi said...

Wow! That is one heck of list of bday presents from D, LOL. My birthday is coming up this weekend and I'm celebrating it by letting Grandma & Grandpa babysit for a couple of days and then picking my munchkin up on my birthday, haha.